Friday, November 1, 2013

Goals

As I've been reading more and more, one of the things I've realized is that sometimes we need a goal beyond just wandering.  And although I like the idea of just wandering, someone told me I need a goal or an accomplishment to work toward.  My mother also mentioned that she wants me to have a goal, I don't think this is what she had in mind.  But, since I'm a wandering costumer, I decided that I need to make garb for a complete stranger in each of the 50 states.  I can do that.  Then you know how ideas are, they sometimes get a life of their own. As the idea roams around in the brain and comes out to play by talking to people about the idea, it slowly will morph and change and grow into an even bigger and better idea.

This means that my idea of making garb in each of the 50 states has morphed and now includes keeping scraps from each of the projects, cut the scraps into the shape of their respective state, and appliqueing  it into a quilt.  For states that have extra different scraps keep them to use for water or other background objects, or maybe just piece the state together.  And I would have to do parts of Canada.  But look at all the dots on my new map of North America (ie places I can drive to):


I'm still missing a few states but I suspect that I will be able to pick up some of them by asking around when I get closer.  Only worry would be Alaska and then finding the money to fly to Hawaii.

And then there are the places I can not drive to, but hope to one day make it to:

So really what is my goal?  To try to figure out and understand myself better.  To decide what I want to do in my future.  I currently don't know but I need to figure out what I'm going to do when I run out of gas money.  I have many different ideas running through my mind, but I believe that this isn't a problem I'm going to have for at least six months.  I will have to look at it again after I finally get my last paycheck from teaching at the end January, and determine when I have to actually be back in California for other reasons.  Anyhow now that I actually quit my job, I have to get my butt in gear and start on that list of things I need to do to actually make my scheme happen.  Now to go back to figuring out camper shell.

No comments: