Saturday, November 2, 2013

After math.

After quitting my job, which yes sucks for the school but I do not feel bad about it, I actually feel so much better.  I know there are many other adjunct faculty at the school still looking for a full time job and I really hope that one of them gets a job for spring semester, just so that maybe I won't feel the fall out quite so much.  The school really needed to be actively looking for new adjunct since before I returned two years ago, just the facts that I was hired the day after the semester began and I am the most recently hired adjunct would tell most people that.

The giant rock on my shoulders has been lifted away.  I still have to deal with the problems of this semester and make it through to finals, but that is all.  I know that I won't have to deal with these same things again next semester.  I no longer dread the grading because I know there is an end in sight. With this lack of fear, I can be much more effective in my time and thus get stuff done.  To the point that I actually have all my grading done for this weekend, I was mentally capable of staying and getting it done on Friday after office hours.  I still need to write a test for Tuesday but the rest of my week is already prepared.  I know that I can write the test in a few hours Monday afternoon so can actually spend this evening and Sunday on some of my other projects. Like laundry and going through stuff to organize and get rid of it.  I can start the hard plotting of what do I want to take with me on my road trip of doom and what will I want when I return.  I have some things that if I ever set up on my own I will want, and some things that I can just get rid of, lucky for me my mom will probably let me store some stuff as long as I organize it better.  And I agree with the fact that it needs to be organized better. So giant pile of boxes, here I come, we will start with the easy stuff, books and fabric and then work from there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
Your idea is great and adventurous many of us think of leaving everything and wandering around the world but few actually do it.
Did you already consider couch surfing? I met some members of the community here in Germany in a social event. They seem to be open. That is if you want to meet new people.

Good Luck!