Friday, November 29, 2013

Gadgets and things.

Now I personally don't really care if I can actually talk to people while on the road, but some of the people in my life want me to be able to still call if I have some sort of emergency and I would like to still be able to post and look things up on the internet.  And as I am tired of paying for my smart phone each month, I have canceled it, and that makes me happy.  But then how can I call people? Well I can set up google voice on my computer which I have done, and so now can make phone calls when I have wifi, and even receive them when I am expecting them (the computer needs to not be asleep and have wifi).  This wasn't enough for my mom, so I have a prepaid internet box now, that I can use to have wifi anywhere that there is cell service.  Now I can make phone calls anytime from my computer and again if I know to expect one can receive them also.  I also now have a 12V to my computer charger and the wifi box is just a regular usb style charger.  Which means that now I can charge all my electronics while driving and have signal in many places without having monthly payments, and I guess that this is what I am trying to get rid of, I don't want all the regular monthly payments anymore.

It is nice to be without the Leash of a cell phone, but at this point people expect you to be leashed and get slightly put off when you (a) don't answer immediately or (b) say things like please just leave a message and I'll call you back when I can.  But I no longer care.  We lived for many years before the cell phone, and people lived just fine before the phone in general, it just means less of the instantaneous gratification that society expects nowadays.

I am looking forward to this adventure.  And now that I have all the electronics as charging from the car while driving I should be good to go.  Tomorrow truck butt cover, then the moon.

No comments: