Friday, October 11, 2013

More Scheming

Now the thoughts of what am I going to do for showers and how can I keep my costs down to make it an extra long road trip, since I will be spending my savings to do this.  In enters random thought, I've been following barter town over on facebook, maybe I could barter "Will sew for shower" and thus I posted to barter town the following post:


Ok Barter town I have a strange question, my personal wander lust wants to wander gypsy style. The Scheming me thinks hey I belong to the SCA and am a decent seamstress maybe I can put this to use. So really I ask if I were to propose the following barter would people take me up on it?

I would like a place to stay for some predetermined time (I'm thinking couple days to a week) and in exchange I will make you garb. Some clarification: I would need a space to set up my sewing machine (no I don't do it the medieval way), and really I want to meet people and see the country. You provide fabric and ideas of what you want and I will pattern and make you something awesome (if I know how).

I'm currently located in Caid, but want to see the rest of the country.

So would I potentially get any takers?

The response was amazing. Thank you, barter town.  Just overnight I got offers from all over the place (including Italy, maybe one day.)  Now I just have to figure out where I want to go and do it.

No comments: