Saturday, October 26, 2013

Barter: Will Sew for Shower.

My offer:  I will come to your house with sewing machine and make you (or someone else in the near area) garb out of some fabric from your stash or even help you find some fabric to purchase if you haven't a stash.  Or if you just need some help with parts of something you already have going. Or moral support to make that garment you have been trying to make yourself start.  I am flexible on this, but I want to do something so I am not feeling like I am just mooching off the generosity of this extended family we call the SCA.

In exchange:  Use of your shower (not something I can really fit in my truck), and information about your area.  I wouldn't mind a few meals, are you willing to feed me?  Look at my dietary restrictions, are you still willing to feed me? If not, I'm ok with that, just let me know.  If you have them, use of washer/dryer.  I don't necessarily even need a place to sleep as I will have that in my truck.  Really I'm just looking for some way stations along my way, because I want to go to museums, national parks, landmarks, and see this place we all call home.  I will need a space to work, while I make something. This can be as minimal as a small sturdy table and chair, or as elaborate as a giant sewing room.

I have a major wanderlust going on and I want to wander around and not be tied down to anything.  Do you have a idea/project that you need help getting off the ground?  I can help.  I know that one of the biggest problems I have is finding someone that can help me fit me, and I want to help others that have this problem.

At this point I could easily be enticed to go anywhere, and that is what I'm going to do.  While out there may I visit you? 

3 comments:

Château de Brouillon said...

As I said on your FB post, I will gladly take you in if you ever decide to extend your tour to Europe. I even know what I'd need your help sewing and all of my supplies are ready to go. :)

You could have the office/sewing room/ guest bedroom for your use during your stay and we'd feed you and show you around Belgium. Just keep this in mind if you ever decide to pop on over to the other side of the pond.

Wandering Costumer said...

Europe, I do wish and maybe sometime in the future.

-Viv

Molly/Monique said...

I notice that Seattle isn't on your map. It should be! I am here and in need of your company. Hopefully by the time you get around to the Pacific Northwest I will have a job, a place to live and somewhere to house a sewing friend.

You have my number. Keep me posted!

Lots of love and luck to you on your grand adventure.