Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quilting and the Zoo

This weekend my sister and I have been quilting.  For a bit early on Saturday I was helping her with her quilt, but then I finally went and dug out the box of unfinished projects that I brought with me (the rule was any unfinished project that I don't work on before getting home, will have to find a new home.) And started working on my quilt project.  It is one of those Joann's quilt block projects that I bought on super clearance when one of the Joann's near me was going out of business; It has twelve wonderfully spring filled blocks that are full of applique and embroidery, but not a lot of piecing.  Yesterday I got all of my applique bits traced and cut out and placed and ironed down.  Today I did all of my piecing.  This week embroidery, I might even take it to the math conference.  We did take some time out of our quilting to do something else; we went to the zoo.  Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to go back because the Panda exhibit was members only today.  But look a bear (and me):

2 comments:

Elena Jardiniz said...

Spectacled bear? In which case, doubly appropriate.

Wandering Costumer said...

Yes it was.