Saturday, March 1, 2014

Last week on farm

Monday after a long day doing farm work including sewing a curtain for the bathroom, I got all my laundry done.  I finally put all my winter blankets away and cleaned out everything in my truck and reorganized, realized yes I do need a shelf/bracer under my table and dried out all the places that had small issues with water (truck bed is not water tight when doing 60 miles an hour in a downpour. Note to self: stop driving when raining hard, or at least add some towels in key places.)

Tuesday after pouring honey basically all day, I went to home depot got the materials needed to add the shelf/bracer, put in said shelf/bracer (just slightly tighter than I was going for, took some pounding to get it in), made and ordered business cards for my wandering costumer alter ego, and went to the store to get some food so that I don't feel quite as beat up at the end of the week.

Wednesday, rain, rain and cold continuous rain.  Started making new chemise for german dress, being silly and doing it entirely by hand, oh those curtains were .  There will also be smocking, at both the cuffs and collar.

Thursday, dry but cold, normal day of pick and wash vegetables.  Worked on chemise (first sleeve is sewn, finished all edges and seams, and is ready to be attached to body) and picked up business cards.  I'm not really a business but I think I might do better at getting a sewing gig if I actually have business cards.

Friday, last day at farm, a very short day, am leaving and going to another SCA event and then to see the Florida keys.  Florida is very flat.

Having a lot of fun at this sca event, everyone down here in Trimaris is super nice and it is one of the few places where I've had lots and lots of just random people say hey I don't know you, who are you?  Still trying to figure out heading down to the keys.  Continuing the work on german chemise.

No comments: