Monday, March 17, 2014

Gulf Wars

Sunrise, Sunday morning, heading to war.
I have found a flag pole
War was awesome.   Arrival on Sunday went without a problem, and I found the non-hook-up RV area.  I parked myself on what I thought was the side, only to find that it wasn’t.  I was also the only one actually camping out there and where I was ended up became a parking lot, not as nice as I would have liked.  Still, I had a wonderful time.  Gulf wars has a permanent site and some actual permanent buildings, which I find very cool.  And so many classes, I took 2 or 3 each day.  It is interesting to see how other people have interpreted the same information.  It is always fun to take two similar classes from two different people and get conflicting information.  I took many costuming classes, including one on Central Asian coats that explained the weird armpit gusset and exactly how it is supposed to fit, now if I can find some fabric I might have to make one (or I’ll just make a mockup in the plaid I have with me and then start with the under layer in the white linen. At this rate I’m going to come home with more garb than I left.  I think I’m ok with this.)  I need to work on my Italian dress and fix some issues it is having after I wore it 3 days of war (new chemise is perfect).  Walked all over the place, and as normal with war a lot of people got sick, and I was not one of them. 
My encampment, trees do not make good tripods

Unfortunately the threatening thunderstorms Saturday night scared everyone away, and I was slightly concerned about being stuck in the mud, so I also vacated, helped transport a whole lot of gear to a friend that lives nearby and then Sunday went on a mini New Orleans adventure (in someone else’s car), dropped one friend off at airport, then went into the French quarter for food (yummy, but my skin will hate me this week), and then dropped the other off at the airport before heading back to Mississippi.  We stopped at site for the last of the gear, and now I get to figure out what I want to do now. 

I went to an awesome class that helped me make pretty hair.

Still not sure what I want to do but kind of at the point where I must figure it out.  First is figure out the internet issues I have been having.

Then I don’t know, but I'm going to figure it out right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hair looks awesome. I am making a dress and taking pictures along the way so you can giggle along with it when I am done. So far I am doing... Ok. But it is a coathardie, and this is day four of sewing.... And that should tell you something.

Orleans sounds fun... Did you see any beautiful buildings or hear any wonderful music?

<3 you!

Wandering Costumer said...

The French Quarter is a cute little neighborhood of many narrow one lane, one way streets and looks exactly like it does in the movies. Not much music out, it was still early in the afternoon.

On hair, need to find more fake hair that matches my own a little closer for the next fun project.