Monday, February 17, 2014

Florida

I'm in Florida now.  It was over 70 degrees today, I got to run around in short sleeves, very much like it.  And it's not going to freeze tonight, also a very nice thing.  So glad to be out of the snow, 18 ish inches in just 3 days.

Glasses finally arrived on Saturday.  And then yesterday, I had to dig the truck out of snow melted to refreeze into very solid chunks, before I could go anywhere.  Spent most of the drive trying to adjust my glasses to comfortable and make them so I don't look under the rims.  My regular drinking water is nicely defrosting, and after one day it's too soon to know but I think I'm going to enjoy myself.  Already have lots of dirt under my fingernails.  I didn't get enough sleep on the road so I am now exhausted.  I also get to learn new ways of cooking because what I think of as staples is not the same as what others think of as staples.  Coconut oil instead of butter and way more from scratch.  Plus a never ending supply of vegetables.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Tell us more about this organic farm! What's it called? Do they have a website? What are the living arrangements like? How long do you plan to stay there? What kind of work are you doing? Also, we need pictures. Lots and lots of pictures.

Unknown said...

Ditto the above. It sounds cool. Also, is there an address there? And how long does the gig run?