Monday, February 10, 2014

Antsy

You know how when something happens that is unexpected and messes with your plans and then you have to spend time waiting, sometimes one gets antsy?  That explains my mode for the last week.  My new glasses are taking forever to arrive.  I finally got a tracking number, so they should arrive this week.  I am ready to move on, go somewhere, I was really only planning to stay with my sister for maybe a month and then find something else to do.  I was starting to make plans, I was going to leave here last week but then I broke my glasses, and since then I have been waiting for the new ones to arrive.  And that makes me antsy.

Also I think my little sister is torn.  She likes having me around because I cook and clean and I am really not that much of a bother.  On the other hand, I am an extra person in her space and just another thing to deal with at the end of a long day.  Although I do make it better in that I am willing to cook her dinner and will even make some of the what should we eat decisions when she is in the I don't care type mood.  Not sure about the brother-in-law, but get the feeling it is a very similar extra person in our space but she cooks for us internal debate.

Overall, definitely time for me to move on to something different and today I made plans.  I am leaving soon, I have signed up for a volunteer position working on a organic farm in Florida.  I think it will be interesting.  I will learn a lot and hopefully it will help me on my big quest to figure out what I want to do with myself in general.  It will also help me not spend money, as I will get food while there, which is exciting to me.

My quilting project is coming along.  I have finished all the embrodery on my blocks and am currently sewing them into a quilt top.  Very exciting.

2 comments:

Monique Marie Sauniere said...

Oooooo, organic farming! sounds really great. Take lots of notes. And where in Florida will you be? My Dad and Step-mom live outside Tampa/St. Pete.

Elena Jardiniz said...

Sorry you broke your glasses - but I do understand the 'extra person, we cannot walk around naked/do stuff with her here.' I am fortunate that my house is big enough that one extra person for a while isn't a problem.

Yay for the farm thing though - should be very interesting. Saw a video last night from Mother Earth News that was shot at a Fair - they took a chicken from 'live and moving around' through a halal kill to 'ready to put in the slow cooker' in about 8 minutes. And that was with the guys working slowly so the camera man could get good footage of how to take out the internal stuff without making a mess and saving everything useful. I didn't know the head is very welcome to falconers for training their birds. Very clean, very nicely done.