Monday, September 5, 2016

Lorccan

The saga of my pilgrimage for the vigil.
I have had some health, financial and just emotional reasons to not go play SCA over the last little bit, highland war is the first non tiny local event I've been to since the last highland.  So I had a lot of personal stuff to get over to do the pilgrimage.  I've decided to not go into all the details, I'm glad I went but am annoyed at my self because once there I totally failed to say what I needed to say from shear terror related to my own insecurities and the format that is a vigil and the too many people.  So this is closer to what I wanted to say (still not perfect but better):

"Lorccan you have always been a knight to me.  You possess all the knightly virtues.  I would say you make it look easy but that would mean there is something intrinsically hard about courtesy honor and all.  So instead I have to say, you make it look comfortable, these virtues are just a part of you like breathing.  Similarly it's not that you make it look easy out on the field, it shouldn't be easy, you make it look real.  I always enjoy watching your fights on the tourney field.
I'm glad that someone is finally recognizing the knight that you have always been.  And I'm honored to know you and count you a friend."

No comments: