Monday, December 30, 2013

Last of the preparations...

I am prepared to go.  I think; I hope.  I spent the last few weeks finally going through everything I own.  I started with the garage.  Every box was opened, most were then sorted and I got rid of books and stuff I'll never use.  I took many things to the thrift store and have much less stuff.  And I know that after the six months of a more minimal existence I will have with this trip, I'll probably be getting rid of more stuff.  I'm just not yet ready to part with some of it.  After the garage I worked on my bedroom.  It is so nice and organized now.  It even works as a guest room for my mom (still the narrow bed, so only sleeps one) and she doesn't even have to apologize for the space.

I finally have everything into the truck.  I am probably going to get rid of some of the stuff along the way.  I've already started throwing away the socks that are more hole than sock.  I feel I still have more clothing than I need so I will probably be getting rid of it as I realize I don't like it and/or don't think I will ever wear it again.

All that is left to do to prepare is making curtains, and putting in more tie points, as things are moving around as I drive and I need to I figure out what is needed to make stuff stay put.

I think it has finally sunk in that I am planning to leave the state of California for the next 6 months (I have to come back this summer for weddings).  I am saying goodbye to friends, but I know I'll see them again.  Today I did my last drive by of the pacific ocean for the next six months as from here I going inland.  That one is odd.  Off to see if I can figure out better was to tie stuff down.

No comments: